Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What usually nocturnal animal is flightless and a national symbol of New Zealand?
2. Another national symbol and strict herbivore, which animal is a bit of a bounder?
3. The next animal is an onomatopoeic alpine flyer from New Zealand. Can you name it?
4. What carnivorous marsupial is now the largest marsupial carnivore in the world and is only found on this island formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
5. What reptile from New Zealand has the lowest body temperature of all reptiles and can remain active at 5 degrees Celcius?
6. What is the world's smallest dolphin?
7. Which avian animal has the gift of laughter?
8. What native nocturnal semi-arboreal marsupial of Australia was introduced into New Zealand in 1837 to start a fur industry but has since become a major pest?
9. What New Zealand beer ... I mean bird, a member of the honeyeater family, is usually first identified by its melodic call?
10. What is New Zealand's sole surviving native owl?
Source: Author suomy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.