Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what city was Valerie born?
2. In how many television series had Valerie appeared (as a cast member, not in a cameo) before "One Day at a Time" in 1975?
3. In which 1979 movie did Valerie make her feature film debut (released in theaters)?
4. Which of these actors co-starred in two of Valerie's TV movies in the early 1980s, then became a household name on 'Cheers' the following year?
5. Valerie was the next runner-up for the lead female role in which of these mid-1980s films?
6. Valerie's 1985 feature film, "Ordinary Heroes", was not released in theatres, but got good ratings on ABC the following year. She played the girlfriend of a blinded Vietnam War veteran. Right after filming it, her leading man went to work on the TV series that made him a star. Who is he?
7. Valerie hosted "Saturday Night Live" in 1987 to promote the mini-series "I'll Take Manhattan". Which future four-time Oscar nominee made her first prime time TV appearance in it with Valerie?
8. In 1990, three years after one more feature film, "Number One With a Bullet" was barely released, Valerie decided to try a new series. In "Sydney", she played a quirky detective. Who was the (then) little-known (for a brief "Growing Pains" guest stint) actor who played her brother (could this BE any more of a hint)?
9. Valerie began another series in 1993, in which she played Holly, newly divorced and stuck living in Paris after a potential job turns out to be a bust. What was the name of the show?
10. In 2001, Valerie was added to the cast of a popular one-hour series toward the end of its run. At that time it was airing on Saturday nights in the U.S. Which of these shows was it?
11. Which of these is NOT a character that Valerie played in the 1980s or 1990s?
12. In 1996, Valerie made a TV movie based on a real life Virgina case called "Two Mothers for Zachary", in which her character's mother took away her child, legally, because she lived with another woman. Which Oscar-winner played Valerie's character's nemesis, her mother?
13. To what does Valerie attribute her lack of feature film roles?
14. Valerie's son with guitarist Eddie Van Halen shares his first name with which famous composer?
15. Which of these awards did Valerie win twice for "One Day at a Time" in the 1980s?
Source: Author InXanadu
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.