Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy has been alerted to freight car thieves on the B&H railroad by Brighton Spotts. The railroad sends Chief Weegle to help in the case. While staking out a freight yard, Tracy and Weegle see a man climb aboard a train car loaded with cases of cigarettes. Who is the leader of the gang of freight car thieves?
2. Brighton Spotts, believing Tracy will 'ball up' the B&H investigation, goes back home to Layton Valley Junction with Junior Tracy to catch the railroad thieves. Believing the criminals will return to the scene of the crime, the two 'borrow' Spotts' parents rifle (and some food) and hide under a rail car dock. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, how do the rail thieves arrive at Layton Valley Junction?
3. The leader of the rail road thieves leaves Layton Valley Junction by train with the engineer at gunpoint at the same time Dick Tracy enters town. Believing he can make better speed, the crook has the engineer uncouple the train on a highway crossing, which also leaves the tank car containing Spotts and Junior on the road. On a parallel track, Dick Tracy is aboard a streamliner rapidly gaining on the freight. The crook sees Tracy and draws his gun. At the end of a story about railroads and rail thieves, what does Tracy say to the thief as he shoots him from the train?
4. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, several travellers are stopped at the railroad intersection because the uncoupled train is blocking the highway. They hear tapping and yelling from inside a fuel tank car, and find Brighton Spotts and Junior Tracy alive inside. They didn't suffocate because the lid of the car wasn't closed tight, and it hadn't contained fuel. What did the tank car have inside it?
5. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy investigates the consignee of the molasses car and ends up at the Smithly Dairy Feed factory in the mountains of South Dakota. From a distance he and Patton see people inside at work filling drums, and find dead birds around an exhaust pipe from the factory which is cleverly hidden in the forest. What does this lead Tracy to think is being manufactured inside?
6. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy and G-Man Jim Trailer force Karpse's airplane down in the forest. They then crash land their own to capture the crooks. Luckily (and amazingly) nobody was hurt. Halone is subsequently killed by something found in the mountainous west. What happened to her?
7. The last time Karpse saw Marro, she shot him and flew back to the city. Now Karpse has eluded police and knocks on her door. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, what does Karpse do to Marro when she opens the door?
8. Coincidence is a staple used by Chester Gould in "Dick Tracy". Trying to look like a normal couple, Karpse seeks a job in a bakery because he was raised in his father's bakery in Stuttgart. Who owns the bakery in the want ad?
9. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, the hospitalized Karpse realizes it is just a matter of time before he is arrested. He has Marro send up a large vase of flowers. Jim Trailer and Pat Patton enter the room to arrest him. What does he pull out of the vase?
10. Karpse has Jim Trailer and Pat Patton locked inside two lockers while ethylene gas is being pumped inside. A nurse enters the room with a bottle of ether. He takes the bottle and splashes it over the lockers and himself as well in a crazed effort to finish the officers. In the "Dick Tracy" strip, which of man's vises is Karpses downfall?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.