Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Junior Tracy is playing catch as a distinguished gentleman calls on Tess Trueheart in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. A very polite man, he introduces himself as Edward Nuremoh, fiance of Tess. What is his former profession?
2. Aunt Margot's favorite nephew, Peter Vaness Basken has returned from the tropics in the "Dick Tracy" comic. She has changed her will so that Edward Nuremoh gets the money, but he and his mother realize Peter is likely to get most of it now,(unless..). When Tess and Edward are married in Aunt Margot's room the next day she doesn't congratulate the new couple. Why not?
3. Dick Tracy is ordered to investigate the murder of Aunt Margot Nuremoh. The murder weapon is found in Karl's room and he is arrested. Tracy investigates the murder scene. Due to the angle the bullet entered the body and the position of the bed, he realizes the killer was left handed. Back at the station, Tracy tells Karl, who has spent most of his time giggling ("He he they think I did it") he doesn't think Karl can even shoot a gun, placing one in his left hand. What does Karl do?
4. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tess becomes suspicious. Her new husband, Edward Nuremoh, had a burn in his left coat pocket, then burned the coat. She finds a thermometer which was always in Aunt Margot's breast pocket. It was broken by the murderer's bullet and forgotten by the police. As she packs Edward's shoes, a round silvery ball drops out of one onto his clothes. What is the silvery ball?
5. Edward Nuremoh's girlfriend, Lola Lavir, hears about the murder of Aunt Margot in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. She goes to Sandstone Heights and overhears the butler saying Edward chased Tess out into the woods. She follows. Battered by rocks, Tess collapses as Edward aims his pistol at her. Who gets shot?
6. In "Dick Tracy", the grief stricken Tess Trueheart takes a drive to clear her head after the death of Edward Nuremoh. Lola Lavir's brother John crashes into her car as she leaves. He acts drunk, but Tracy sees through it. Why is he acting drunk?
7. The "Dick Tracy" comic strip now sees Tess Trueheart buying half interest in her boyfriend John Lavir's dog kennel. John trains guard dogs and is very good at it. He takes her out with him to get more dogs, first putting a small dog in the trunk. Much to Tess' dismay, what is John Lavir actually doing?
8. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tess Trueheart finally provokes a fight with her dog stealing boyfriend, John Lavir. As they scuffle, a window is broken and a large dog enters the fracas. Hearing the noise, a policeman enters to find Lavir bleeding from the neck and Tess holding a piece of broken glass. She is arrested and he dies later. Dick Tracy investigates and clears Tess. What did he find?
9. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy and Pat Patton set out to find the fur thieves. Chester Gould is known for creating unforgettable characters with unforgettable names. This is an exception. After a large heist of furs, the leader of the gang, Mr. Natnus, brags: "Boys, you can call me...." What does he name himself?
10. To trap the fur theives, Tracy and Patton enlist the help of a prestigious fur salesman. Mr. Natnus falls for his pitch, and will bring his furs the next day. Tracy sees some dressing booths and asks where the fur salesman got his wallpaper. What does Tracy do to catch the thieves?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.