Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Bob is trapped in the Chocolate Vault, and whilst at first this seems like every chocoholic's dream come true, he soon realises that, well, there IS such a thing as too much chocolate. Needing to puzzle out his escape route, Bob decides a quick prayer might help and asks the patron saint of confectioners and pastry chefs for aid. Which Saint is this?
2. The only possible weak spot in the walls of the Chocolate Vault, where Bob is trapped, appears to be a tiny crevice where a tree root has made its way through. Being something of an expert, Bob remembers that cocoa beans grow on the Theobroma cacao tree. Which part of the world is the wild Theobroma cacao native to?
3. Bob is well and truly trapped in the Chocolate Vault, and is starting to feel a little queasy from the proximity of so much chocolate. He spends a few minutes in contemplation and thinks that if only he had a couple of pet cocoa weevils, they could help him out by "eating the evidence" and reducing the piles stacked high around the vault. Which of these is the cocoa weevil Bob yearns for?
4. As Bob searches the Chocolate Vault for a means of escape, he is forced to hastily avert his gaze from a large mural depicting a naked lady on horseback, which covers one wall from top to bottom (if you'll pardon the pun).
Had he not been busy blushing he might have recognised it as a portrait of Lady Godiva of Coventry, used as the logo of her namesake chocolatier. Founded in the 1920s, in which city was the first Godiva chocolate shop?
5. Trapped in the Chocolate Vault, surrounded by heaps of sweets, Bob can't help wishing there was something savoury to snack on. Nose twitching, he catches a whiff of something that is definitely meaty. The delicious aroma leads him to a large crate labelled Vosges Haut-Chocolat. Which of these flavours does this company NOT use in their chocolate bars?
6. Bob's plight seems hopeless - will he be trapped in the Chocolate Vault forever? If only there was someone to save him! A vague memory of a cartoon he once saw comes to Bob's mind; if only that supreme martial artist was here now... who was the apt superhero alter ego of Kevin King?
7. Still trapped within the confines of the Chocolate Vault, Bob hears a very faint sound. He presses his ear to the wall - could this be the sound of the vault owners coming to catch him red handed? It sounds like the howling of bloodhounds and it sends a shiver down his spine.
He calms himself when he remembers that chocolate is actually poisonous to dogs - what is the chemical constituent of cacao beans that makes them so deadly?
8. In a shadowy corner in the deepest, darkest recess of the Chocolate Vault, Bob stumbles upon a pitiful sight. A skeleton lies there, surrounded by sweetie packaging, the lids of which each have a letter embossed on them. These letters spell out the words "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" and poor Bob shudders in fear.
Which company made chocolate "Smarties" sweets, sold in the UK, in tubes with a letter of the alphabet on the inside of the lid?
9. As Bob's quest for an escape route from the Chocolate Vault continues, he stumbles across a pile of bricks in a shadowy corner. Brown, heavy, strangely chocolatey smelling bricks. Whipping off his socks Bob quickly ties one of the bricks to a handy stick, and attacks the wall ferociously.
These "chocolate bricks" were developed by the Hershey company, as emergency rations for the US military. How are they sometimes known?
10. At last, Bob sees his freedom is within his grasp. Unable to resist a "big moment" before he leaves the Chocolate Vault forever, he declaims these Shakespearean lines:
"Last scene of all, That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."
The play from which they come is set in the Forest of Arden, which historically occupied which of these chocolate related sites?
Source: Author Rowena8482
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.