Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Prior to it becoming a democratic republic in 2008, what was the official religion of Nepal?
2. In which ocean did a deep sea earthquake trigger a massive tsunami that caused huge losses of lives and property in December 2004?
3. Which Southeast Asian country had its democratic government overthrown by a coup in 1962 and was subsequently ruled by the military junta for several decades?
4. Where was the British penal colony, called the Cellular Jail and used to imprison political leaders, located during the Indian struggle for independence?
5. Which group of islands derives its name from the Sanskrit term for 'one hundred thousand islands'?
6. Which northeastern state of India is a disputed area since part of it is claimed by China?
7. Which legendary creature saves the life of Tintin's friend, Chang in the Herge comic "Tintin in Tibet"?
8. A chain of limestone shoals forms a bridge across the Palk Strait connecting India to its southern neighbour, Sri Lanka. While the Indian name for the bridge is derived from Hindu mythology, from which Biblical character did it get its alternate name?
9. The members of a separatist organisation from which neighbouring country claimed responsibility for the assassination of the Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi?
10. Which mountain range located to the north of India is home to the 'Eight-thousanders'? The first letters of the answers to questions 1-9 will spell out the answer.
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.