Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Part of the winter uniform for military and police forces, this dense fur or faux fur hat has long ear flaps to protect the face. An ancient design called ushanka, what is the hat more commonly called?
2. This man famously moved to Canada in 1974 to dance in the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and then to the New York City Ballet. He astounded us in "The Nutcracker" and the film "White Nights". Which of these is the awesome ballet dancer?
3. Cold, civil, guerrilla, succession, world or nuclear: which of these is the origin of the word "war"? Ironically, perhaps, it sounds like a rabbit's den.
4. This sleek and beautiful big cat has enough raw power to knock a water buffalo off its feet, and can even take down a rhinoceros. Which large feline is also a strong swimmer?
5. The first man-made object launched into space in 1942, and just seventy years later, sophisticated flyby and landing rover missions had sent back images of the planets, their moons, asteroids, star clusters, and even left the galaxy! Launched in 1998, what huge artificial body in orbit was often visible from earth?
6. In the summer of 1980, US President Jimmy Carter called for a worldwide boycott of a major world event. Which occasion did a number of countries refuse to attend? Zeus and Hera never miss this one.
7. If you are asked, "What is the genre of master author Anton Chekhov?" your answer will be what? (Ray Bradbury and O. Henry belong in this arena, too).
8. Black or white, one king will be helpless and defeated! In which ancient type of game did the 1997 computer Deep Blue first beat a human world champion?
9. The first "imperial egg" was crafted for the Empress Maria, an Easter present from her husband in 1885. Who made fifty golden, bejeweled eggs, lending his name to them as well?
10. Your answers to these nine questions should bring to mind a specific culture and the name of a geographic place. Which place is the common bond?
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.