Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Flying in to Bali, you land at Ngurah Rai International Airport. Your luggage bears labels with the letters DPS which are based on the alternative name for the airport. Indicating the name of the capital city of Bali, what do the IATA letters DPS represent?
2. Around a ten-minute taxi ride from the airport (depending on the traffic) is Bali's most popular tourist area. With a name that sounds like scooter, what is this main tourist destination called?
3. Which Balinese town, located amongst rice paddies and jungle-clad ravines and famous as the island's centre of arts and culture, was featured in the Julia Roberts film "Eat, Pray, Love"?
4. Prior to the Japanese occupation of the island during World War II, Bali was a colony of a European country. Under colonial rule, Indonesia (including Bali) was known as the '___________' East Indies. Which major sea-faring and trading nation colonised Bali?
5. Active volcano Mt Agung is locally called Gunung Agung. It is Bali's highest mountain at 3142 metres (10308 feet) and one of over 150 volcanoes in Indonesia. The Indonesian archipelago is considered part of a series of volcanically active regions known by what name?
6. Grown in beautiful terraced fields that follow the contours of the mountain sides and which can be seen almost everywhere on the island, what is Bali's most widely grown agricultural crop?
7. What religion is observed by over 92% of the population of Bali?
8. Balinese cuisine mainly consists of rice and vegetables, with small quantities of meat, and is considered somewhat plain. Most tourist restaurants offer a selection of Indonesian, Chinese and a couple of occidental meals. You decide a cold beer is the ideal accompaniment for your meal. What Indonesian beer is widely available in Bali?
9. Highly ritualistic, Balinese dancing is very colourful and expressive and a common attraction offered for entertainment. Which of the following is NOT a form of Balinese dance?
10. About thirty minutes taxi ride from Bali's airport (depending on the traffic), on the east side of its southern peninsula, is one of the island's earliest tourist areas. Water sports and kite flying are popular recreations. Which of the following resort areas is the only one on the eastern coast?
Source: Author odo5435
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.