Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although it is not known for certain, which of these is a prevailing opinion about how Montreal got its name?
2. Under the city of Montreal lies what?
3. There are 50 National Historic Sites of Canada in Montreal, the most of any Canadian city. The first was so designated back in 1920, even though there was no remaining physical evidence of its existence. Which one?
4. The Biosphere is a museum located in Parc Jean-Drapeau. What was it before it became a museum?
5. Montreal is chock-full of cultural events. What is the annual event, "Just for Laughs"?
6. Besides the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, which artistic companies are at home in the Place des Arts?
7. What event that took place in 1959 led to a gradual decrease in the city's dominance as a port city?
8. Founded in 1821 with a bequest from a Scottish businessman, what is Montreal's famed institute of higher learning that can count among its alumni more than 130 Rhodes Scholars and at least 10 Nobel Prize winners (among them Ernest Rutherford)?
9. Cirque du Soleil, the internationally acclaimed circus spectacular, is headquartered in Montreal. Did it originate there?
10. Canada has legalized same-sex marriage, and Montreal has a vibrant gay community. What is the name of the street running through the heart of a downtown predominantly gay neighborhood, a portion of which is closed to traffic all summer, allowing for nightly street parties?
Source: Author austinnene
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.