Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The main airport in Hong Kong (Kai Tak) could not expand as it was surrounded by dense urban development. There is also very little flat land suitable for an airport. How was the new airport, which opened in 1998, built?
2. On the trip from the airport to Hong Kong island, my hotel is on the mainland just near the ferry terminal. What is the name of one of the most densely populated areas in the world?
3. One of the reasons I have stayed on the mainland is I want to go to a certain night market to have Chinese street food. I have timed my trip to ensure I landed in the early evening to ensure I can do this. This is true Hong Kong commerce at its finest and busiest. Which market did I go for dinner?
4. Back to your hotel for a good sleep as it will be a full day tomorrow. You rise early and head for the ferry terminal where, for a few cents, you cross Victoria Harbour to Hong Kong Island the traditional way. What is the name of the ferry service?
5. From the ferry you can see many skyscrapers. One though, the International Commerce Centre, which seemed to dwarf the buildings around it, had an unusual characteristic which was?
6. True or False: In 2003, Hong Kong passed New York City in terms of numbers of skyscrapers within its boundaries.
7. You need to see the best view of the city overlooking the skyscrapers of Hong Kong Island, Victoria Harbour and the magnificence of Kowloon. Where do you go to obtain this view?
8. On the other side of the mountains on the south side of Hong Kong Island, it is much quieter (as it is hard to get there) with many little villages, some with beaches. One would presume you would know the name of one of the nicest and most "English" of villages?
9. Catching the bus back to Kowloon, you have a quick stroll around Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade. There are many things do do here but what is the most obvious?
10. As you catch your train to the airport for your early evening flight out, you cannot help but lament that you will miss one of the very sights you really wanted to see, which is just a little way past the airport. What is it?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.