Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Your plane arrives at the ultra-efficient Hong Kong International Airport. You're going to check into the famous Peninsula Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui (or, depending on your budget, the YMCA next to it), so you take the MTR from Airport to which station?
2. You decide to visit Disneyland Hong Kong, so you start by taking a train on the Tung Chung line. At which station do you change to the Disneyland Resort line, with its Disney themed trains complete with Mickey Mouse windows?
3. Hong Kong is a crazy mix of western and Chinese cultures. You hear about a famous temple surrounded by dense high rises. It is mainly dedicated to a taoist deity of healing. What is the name of this deity and the MTR station you need to reach?
4. How about some modern culture. Which station would you get off to reach the Hong Kong Arts Centre? (If you prefer lower culture, this area also has night clubs and seedier establishments.)
5. A more upmarket night life in Hong Kong can be found in this area, where you can also shop for some Gucci trinkets at the Landmark, or visit the Stock Exchange.
6. Gucci is for glamorous Hong Kong shopping; Flower Market and Bird Market in Kowloon make for a crowded, colourful and exhilarating local shopping experience. The MTR station you get off to reach these markets is named after the nearby major thoroughfare.
7. Even the country side in Hong Kong is rapidly being built up. The Sha Tin ("Sand Fields") racecourse is in a booming new town in the New Territories, where the MTR does not reach. You need to change to the overland train on the East Rail line. At which MTR station do you change over?
8. The other racecourse in gambling-obsessed Hong Kong is in Happy Valley, where there is no MTR service. At which station can punters get off the train to catch a forwarding tram or minibus? Their wives, possibly, would rather stick around in this area and shop at the large Japanese store Sogo.
9. The South Island line has undergone numerous proposals and delays. Which destinations in the Southern district of Hong Kong Island would be reached by the South Island line?
10. At the end of a great time visiting Hong Kong (or, if you're local, the start of an overseas trip), you get back on the Airport Express line with your luggage full of shopping. They're so heavy! Where can you check them in early, instead of hauling them all the way to the Airport?
Source: Author zenaccident
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.