Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Red Crew finds itself deep in America's southeast preparing to use the Interstates to find its way back home. We thought we were near Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. However, we hadn't made it quite that far north and are in the Sunshine State's largest city. Where are we?
2. Phoenix Rising's Red Crew has made a pitstop in Norfolk - home of the world's largest naval station. Where exactly are we?
3. Nicknamed "Charm City," this was the site of the hospital that treated Henrietta Lacks, whose tissue formed the first immortalized human cell line. Was it Baltimore, Ohio or Baltimore, Maryland?
4. Springfield, Massachusetts is one of many so-named places. Which of the following statements is true about Springfield, MA?
5. As we travel along I-90 westward towards Niagara Falls, we come upon Utica, a city known in its heyday as "Sin City" due to its powerful underworld influence. Which state are we in now?
6. The term Miami found in the names of the University of Miami in Southeast Florida and Miami University in Southwest Ohio are both derived from Native American people that lived in the areas.
7. What town shares its name with the home of Vanderbilt University and is the site of Brown County Art Colony and the original home of the John Dillinger Museum?
8. We arrive in Dallas and kick off the dust as we go in search of the country's tallest indoor Christmas tree. But what's this? There is a Dallas in Georgia and a Dallas in Texas. Which one do we need, to find the Galleria Dallas?
9. We visited two places called Phoenix on our route home: Phoenix, Arizona and Phoenix, Oregon, but which one was the location of Taliesin West, winter home of architect Frank Lloyd Wright?
10. Castle Rock Entertainment is a film and television company. Its name is inspired by which fictional city?
Source: Author mike32768
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.