Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Treaty of Versailles was signed on 28th June 1919 - exactly five years after which significant event?
2. Although Italy was involved in determining the terms of the Treaty of Versailles, there were three main countries that decided the conditions, collectively called the "Big Three". Which countries were they?
3. Which of these terms of the Treaty would Woodrow Wilson NOT have supported?
4. In the Treaty of Versailles, Germany lost all of their colonies and roughly 15% of their land. Which of these places did they NOT lose?
5. How much did the Treaty of Versailles say Germany had to pay in reparations?
6. Which of these is NOT a restriction applied to Germany's army, navy or air force?
7. Clause #231 of the Treaty of Versailles is widely called what?
8. The League of Nations was set up as part of the Treaty of Versailles. Which of these countries was a member from the outset?
9. The Treaty was extremely unpopular in Germany. What nickname was given by hardline nationalists to the German leaders who, acting on orders from the German military, signed the Armistice to end the fighting in World War I?
10. Germany probably never complied fully with the treaty, but in the 1930s it embarked on a series of flagrant breaches of the Treaty of Versailles - by massive rearmament, by establishing an air force and by reintroducing compulsory military service. In 1936 German troops entered the Rhineland. Which man, the German leader, was mostly responsible for this?
Source: Author AdamM7
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.