Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On 1 November 1942, while serving as a leader of a machine gun squad on Guadalcanal, Cpl Anthony J. Casamento's US Marines came under heavy enemy fire near the Matanikau River. During the ensuing battle, all members of the unit were either killed or severely wounded. Despite his own multiple wounds, Cpl Casamento continued to provide supporting fire and heroically held the enemy at bay, thereby protecting the flanks of adjoining companies until he was physically unable to continue. As a result, the president of the United States presented him with the Medal of Honor on which of the following dates?
2. During the war, the dashing British actor, David Niven, served as an officer and rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel. Which of the following served as his batman (enlisted orderly)?
3. Adolf Hitler had two personal railroad trains. One was named Brandenburg. What was the name of the other one?
4. Simon Christopher Joseph Fraser, the 15th Lord Lovat, was known during the war as which of the following?
5. Anderson Shelter was which of the following?
6. Bella Russa was which of the following?
7. It is common knowledge that many lives were lost during the First World War as the result of mustard gas use. What is not commonly known is that it took many lives during World War II in one incident. How did this occur?
8. What was Allied "V-2"?
9. What was the Alliance of Animals?
10. What connection, if any, did American cosmetic manufacturer Elizabeth Arden have with World War II?
Source: Author HurricaneBill
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.