Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the first things to decide when choosing a tea is how aged, or oxidised, you want it to be. Of the following, which type of tea has undergone the least oxidation?
2. Tea is typically broken down into five large categories, of which black, green, white and oolong are four. Which earthy Chinese tea makes up the fifth category?
3. Black tea is by far the most popular in terms of worldwide consumption. As a result of its light flavour, which black tea is sometimes called the 'champagne of teas'?
4. While much of the world's tea is produced in China and India, many different countries produce their own varieties. Which of the following is made in Turkey, not in East Asia?
5. Combining different base varieties of tea can create completely new flavours, some of which have become very popular in their own right. Mixing oolong, keemun, and lapsang souchong, which blended tea is known for its smoky flavour?
6. Another blended tea is English breakfast, typically combining Assam leaves with other black teas. Which occupation gives its name to a style of drinking English breakfast, typically brewed strong with a tea bag as opposed to loose leaf?
7. In addition to blending, the flavour of tea can be adjusted using additives such as flowers, herbs or spices. Which of the following teas has NOT been flavoured with its namesake substance?
8. Kahwah is a drink that infuses green tea with the flavours of saffron, cinnamon and cardamom. Usually prepared in a kettle known as a samovar, in which of these countries would you most often see kahwah consumed?
9. Green tea is the most popular type of tea in Japan, with the whole-leaf sencha variety widely consumed. Which powdered tea, often contrasted with sencha, is also produced in Japan?
10. The name 'tea' is traditionally used to refer to drinks prepared from the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant, though it has also been extended to refer to similarly prepared beverages. To the purist, what word can be used for these herbal infusions?
Source: Author pagea
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.