Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following grapes is most popular in the region and put the Napa valley region on the map?
2. What is the predominant grape variety used in making American grape juice?
3. The grape skin consists of wax plates, cutin, a cuticle, and an epidermis.
4. What is the predominant grape grown in the Piedmont area of Italy, around the towns of Barolo and Barbaresco?
5. Which of the following grapes is grown predominantly in relatively cooler climates such as the northern California coast, Oregon, Washington State, and the French region of Burgundy?
6. What is frequently planted beside rows of grapevines to detect the presence of disease which may affect the vines?
7. What famous grape grown around Cahors was the most popular grape grown in France until the Phylloxera epidemic nearly wiped out the species?
8. Which of the following is not a type of grape?
9. Botrytis fungus is the biggest risk to grapes, commonly called bunch rot. What is another name for this rot?
10. Grapes are grown in all 48 of the contiguous United States.
Source: Author jstagamtome
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.