Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What type of play is Julius Caesar?
2. In what year is the play set?
3. What is Caesar's first word in the play?
4. Caesar tells Antony he is not capable of fear. But if he was capable of fear, who would he be afraid of?
5. During the games at the first of the play Cicero makes a speech (even though the reader never knows what the speech is about). In what language is the speech described as being delivered?
6. What is Brutus' wife's name?
7. How did Brutus' wife die?
8. Brutus is believed to make four major mistakes in the play. Which is NOT one of the mistakes ?
9. Aside from possibly Caesar himself, who could be considered the main character of the play?
10. Who portrayed Cassius in one movie version of the play and Caesar in another?
11. What two actors portrayed Brutus in the two movie versions (in 1953 and 1970)?
12. What comedian can be seen in the crowd in the 1953 version of the movie?
13. What were Caesar's last three words before he died?
14. At the base of whose statue did Caesar die?
15. Most people know Caesar was killed on the ides of March. According to the Roman Calendar, what day of the month is that?
16. Most people know that Antony's speech begins 'Friends, Romans, countrymen, ... . How does Brutus' speech begin?
17. Where did Caesar's Ghost tell Brutus he would see him again?
18. What does Antony keep calling Brutus during his speech?
19. Why is Cinna the poet killed by the mob of citizens?
20. Now an easy one. Who wrote Julius Caesar?
Source: Author dafyduk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.