Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This actor is among a select few individuals who has had the honor of winning both a Best Actor Oscar and Best Supporting actor Oscar. He was also honored by fellow actor Ving Rhames at the Golden Globes - after Rhames won the Globe but dedicated his award to this fellow nominee.
2. This actor has also won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, and was the only actor nominated for an Oscar for the film that all these people have in common. He may best be remembered for being part of an FBI type organization that keeps aliens in correct alignment.
3. This terrific all-around actor, who excels at playing a villain, took years to be nominated for an Oscar. He may best be remembered for this film that you're trying to figure out, or possibly for his portrayal of a crooked cop out to get a deadly assassin who has befriended a small girl.
4. This comedic genius started his rise to stardom in the Canadian comedy group called Second City, and then went on to star alongside other comic legends on the Second City television series, "SCTV". Unfortunately, due to his untimely death in 1994, we never got to see just how far he could have gone. His most memorable film role came when he played a character named Barf.
5. This regular in Martin Scorsese movies appeared in such films as "Betsy's Wedding" (1990), and "Smokey and the Bandit Part 3" (1983), and even won an Oscar for one of his Scorsese stints.
6. This actor is known more for his television performances rather than his movies. He has won a total of 7 Emmy Awards for 4 different television series and/or TV movies. He commonly lends his voice for TV shows and has been featured in the shows "The Simpsons" and "Recess". Although he is more famous in television than in movies, he has starred in numerous Hollywood films such as "Gunn" (1967) and "Halls of Anger" (1970). He has also starred alongside some of film's greatest talents such as Morgan Freeman and Renee Zellweger.
7. This actress has been nominated for 6 Oscars in her life and only won once. She won when she played a character named Loretta Webb with another soon to be Oscar winner. She may best be remembered for a role she played in a 1976 horror movie featuring a young John Travolta.
8. This actor starred alongside Jane Fonda in a role that won her her first Academy Award. He also has appeared with his famous child in a one film, as well as starred with Clint Eastwood on at least two occasions.
9. You can probably get him from two words: "Hello, Newman", but he also starred in movies such as "Cheaper by the Dozen" (2004) and "Space Jam" (1996).
10. Alright, you have 9 actors/actresses. Now tell me the Academy Award winning movie with an all-star cast. I'll give you a hint: it lost Best Picture to "Silence of the Lambs" and won two Academy Awards for Film Editing and Cinematography.
Source: Author chandler14
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.