Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pat Benatar released this single in 1985. The song begins with these lyrics;
"We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands"
Can you name the song?
2. Sheryl Crow reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at number four on the UK singles chart. The song has these words taken from the chorus;
"Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard"
Can you recall the name of the song?
3. Pink (Alecia Beth Moore) had her first number one in the UK with this song. The single reached number eight on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Pink sang;
"I'm lyin here on the floor where you left me"
What was the name of this chart topper?
4. "Looking out a dirty old window,
Down below the cars in the city go rushing by,
I sit here alone and I wonder why",
These are the opening lines from Kim Wilde early 80s hit. What was the song called?
5. Madonna had an international hit with this song. The second verse has these lyrics;
"Faster than the speeding light she's flying
Trying to remember where it all began
She's got herself a little piece of heaven
Waiting for the time when Earth shall be as one"
Can you recall the song title?
6. Cher took this song to number three on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number six on the UK Singles Chart in 1989. Cher sang;
"My world was shattered, I was torn apart
Like somebody took a knife
And drove it deep in my heart"
What was the song Cher sang?
7. This song was the lead single from the album "Back to Black." The second verse of the lyrics has these words;
"I'd rather be at home with Ray
I ain't got seventy days
Cos there's nothing, there's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr Hathaway"
What was the title of this lead track?
8. Britney Spears released this single in 2004. Britney sang;
"Too high, can't come down
Losing my head
Spinning round and round
Do you feel me now?"
What song was Britney singing?
9. Christina Aguilera had a smash hit with this song. The song was released in 2002 in America and 2003 in the UK. Part of the lyrics has these words;
"To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom, Ohh
Tryin' hard to fill the emptiness"
What song was Christina Aguilera singing?
10. Gwen Stefani topped the charts in 2005 in both the U.S. and the UK with this song.
Here is a sample of the lyrics;
"People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna lead the pack"
What is the name of this popular song?
Source: Author Lord_Digby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.