Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following metal albums was dedicated to Cliff Burton?
2. Metallica allowed its music to be used as the soundtrack to which documentary film released in 1997?
3. In what year did Metallica first appear on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine?
4. Before joining Metallica, Cliff Burton played bass in a band called Trauma. Which Trauma song was featured on the compilation album, "Metal Massacre II"?
5. Which of the following Metallica videos was NOT directed by Wayne Isham?
6. The Ozzy Osbourne home video, "Don't Blame Me", released in 1991, featured interviews with which member/s of Metallica?
7. Lars Ulrich was featured as a very special guest musician on the Mercyful Fate album "In the Shadows". On which song did he play drums?
8. Which of the following movies does NOT feature the music of Metallica?
9. In 1989, Metallica released a special gatefold sleeve collector's edition 12" vinyl of the "One" single. Inside, there was a four-paged insert that provided information about each band member's personal roadie. Who was Kirk's roadie?
10. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) gives platinum records to albums that have sold more than 1,000,000 copies in the USA. Which was the first Metallica album to go platinum?
11. The song "One" was inspired by a book called "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo. In what year was the book published?
12. In 2004, James Hetfield narrated a two-part documentary that covered the season of which NHL hockey team?
13. Before joining Metallica, Robert Trujillo was featured on a Metallica tribute album. What was the name of this album?
14. In 1990, Lars Ulrich compiled and produced a compilation album called "NWOBHM '79 Revisited". Who co-produced the album?
15. Flemming Rasmussen co-produced the albums "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets" and "...And Justice for All". For what other heavy metal band has he produced albums?
16. The lyric, "When a man lies he murders some part of the world" was taken from which movie?
17. In the summer of 1995, Metallica performed a very special concert at a remote location in Northern Canada. What is the name of the town in which they played?
18. Metallica fans should recognize the names Jon and Marsha Zazula. The couple formed Megaforce Records, the label responsible for releasing "Kill 'Em All" in 1983. Before starting Megaforce Records, the Zazulas owned, and ran, a record shop. What was it called?
19. The song "Creeping Death" tells part of the story from which book of the Bible?
20. James Hetfield sang back-up vocals on a Jim Martin album. What is the name of this album?
21. In 2001, Lars Ulrich appeared as a contestant on the game show 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?'. What charity did he play for?
22. Between 1983 and 1986, several Metallica songs were released on metal compilation albums. Which of the following metal compilation albums did NOT feature a Metallica song?
23. In 1993, Metallica won the award for 'favorite hard rock/heavy metal artist' at the American Music Awards. What song did the band perform on that program?
24. The album "Master of Puppets" was released on vinyl in South Korea in 1989. Three songs were deleted from the album and replaced with "Breadfan" and "The Prince". What were the three deleted songs?
25. "Fan Can 1"--a highly coveted boxed set (packaged in a paint can) that was sold only to Metallica fan club members in 1996--included an exclusive t-shirt. What famous hard rock album cover art was spoofed on the front of this t-shirt?
Source: Author shockomir
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.