Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which song was the Swedish band, ABBA's, second highest selling single and sold over ten million copies worldwide?
"Though I never thought that we could lose,
There's no regret.
If I had to do the same again,
I would, my friend"
2. These lyrics were written about a man trying to get his courage up to marry his girlfriend but was overwhelmed with the commitment of marriage. What was the song that was recorded by the band America?
"I ain't ready for the altar
But I do agree there's times,
When a woman sure can be a friend of mine"
3. What popular song are these lyrics from, sung by the country duo, Howard and David, The Bellamy Brothers?
"There's a reason for the sun shiny sky,
And there's a reason why I'm feelin' so high,
Must be the season
When that love light shines all around us"
4. From these lyrics, which of these songs gave Celine Dion worldwide recognition?
" 'Cause I am your lady,
And you are my man,
Whenever you reach for me,
I'll do all that I can"
5. Although country music artist, Dolly Parton, wrote the lyrics below, it was Whitney Houston's version of the song that made it become one of the best-selling singles of all time. Can you name the song?
That's all I have and all I'm taking with me.
Good-bye, oh please don't cry,
'Cause we both know that I'm not what you need"
6. What song did The Eagles make popular from the lyrics below?
"You can spend all your time making money.
You can spend all your love making time.
If it all fell to pieces tomorrow,
Would you still be mine?"
7. Which song was the last US Billboard number-one hit single for Elvis Presley before his death in 1977?
"Here we go again
Askin' where I've been
You can't see these tears are real
8. What is the tune of the song below where you hear American singer and songwriter, Hank Williams, Jr., open up the theme for ABC's "Monday Night Football"?
"Now my party pad is out in the woods,
It's a long, long way from here to Hollywood.
But I got some natural queens out on the floor,
And 'ole Miss Mississippi just walked through the door"
9. One of country music's legends, George Jones, recited these words in what some critics have called, "The greatest country song of all time". From the lyrics below, what was his enormous hit?
"You know she came to see him one last time,
Oh, and we all wondered if she would.
And it kept running through my mind,
This time, he's over her for good"
10. What popular hit was performed by country singers Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton in 1983 and was written by the BeeGees?
"You do something to me that I can't explain,
Hold me closer and I feel no pain,
Every beat of my heart
We got somethin' goin' on"
Source: Author Lilady
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.