Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of his songs does Little Richard open with this line?
2. This is the intro to a record by The Teenagers featuring which singer?
Oooo wah oooo wah, oooooo wah oooo wah
Oooooo wah oooo wah"
3. What kind of medical practitioner did David Seville get advice from in this song?
"Ooo eee ooo ah ah
Ting tang walla walla bing bang
Ooo eee ooo ah ah
Ting tang walla walla bang bang"
4. Even Roy Orbison did it; which one of his song's began with these words?
"Sha laaa laaaa dooby waaah
Bum bum bum yip yip vum
Sha laa laaa dooby waaah
Bum bum bum yip yip vum"
5. The next words after these lines of lyrics are the title of the song. Can you pick the correct one? Singing will help.
"Bom-ma-bom a-bom-bom-bom ba-ba-bom-ba-ba-bom
6. According to the song two lovers were sippin' on a chocolate shake and using the "______ __ ____". With all the background ooby dooby doing below can you get the missing title?
"Oooby dooby dooby doo
Oooby dooby dooby doo
Oooby dooby dooby dooby doo doo
Dooby doo doo, doo doo"
7. Who serenaded us with this wonderful intro?
"To do do down dooby doo down down, comma comma, down dooby doo down down, comma comma, down dooby doo down down"
8. Can you name the group that sang the original and only chart hit version of this song?
"Pa pa pa pa
Papa oom ma mow mow
Papa oom mow mow
pa pa pa oom ma ma ma mow
Papa oom mow mow"
9. Even the girl groups got in on the act. Who sang these words?
"Do lang do lang do lang
Do lang do lang"
10. What is the name and rank of the singer of this little ditty?
"Um Um Um Um Um Um"
11. The Brits had a go too. Which Liverpool group sang the song with these wonderful lyrics?
"Gin gan goolie goolie goolie goolie watcha
Gin gan goo, gin gan goo
Gin gan goolie goolie goolie goolie watcha
Gin gan goo, gin gan goo"
12. Which UK comedy team sang this unforgetable little number?
"Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong iddle I po
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong iddle I po"
13. Emile Ford & The Checkmates had a UK number one hit with this song. Can you do wop your way to the title?
"Do wop be dooby dooby do wop be dooby dooby do wop be dooby dooby do"
14. Little Richard, being a pastmaster in nonsense words, had to be included twice in this quiz. In his hit "Bama Lama Bama Loo" it appears to be all his girlfriend could say. What was her name?
15. To end with we have the song that the quiz title is taken from. Which songwriter had a hit with his own song "Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)" with these classic lines?
Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong"
Source: Author shipyardbernie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.