Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Anne of Cleves was born in Düsseldorf, Germany. John III, Duke of Cleves, was her father. Who was her mother?
2. Anne of Cleves was first betrothed in the late 1530s. To whom was she engaged?
3. Anne of Cleves was the second child born of her family. What was the name of her elder sister?
4. Henry VIII had his disastrous first meeting with Anne of Cleves on New Years Day, 1540. Where did this occur?
5. "She is nothing so fair as she hath been reported", is how Henry VIII described Anne of Cleves after first meeting her. What artist do some historians partly blame for Henry's unrealistic expectations of Anne?
6. What was the name of Anne of Cleves' youngest sister?
7. Despite Henry's obvious dissatisfaction with Anne of Cleves' appearance, they married in 1540. Where did they marry?
8. How long was Henry VIII married to Anne of Cleves before their marriage was annulled?
9. To prove there were no hard feeling towards Henry VIII's next wife, Anne of Cleves danced with Catherine Howard after she was made Queen.
10. Anne of Cleves was gifted Richmond Palace and Bletchingly Manor for accepting the marriage annulment quietly. What other castle did Henry give her later?
11. Henry VIII died in 1547. By how many years did Anne of Cleves outlive him?
12. How long had Jane Seymour (the wife before of Anne of Cleves) been dead when Anne arrived in England betrothed to Henry?
13. Anne of Cleves was last seen in public at whose coronation?
14. Anne of Cleves died in 1557 of "a declining illness." Where was she buried?
15. Which motto did Anne of Cleves choose?
Source: Author LuH77
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.