Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. First person to travel around the world twice (1582-1584 & 1585-1589)
2. With others, made the first circumnavigation via Drake Passage (1615-1617)
3. Made the first circumnavigation of New Zealand (1769-1770)
4. Set a world record for circumnavigating the world in 72 days using public transport (1889-1890)
5. First person to single-handedly sail around the world, with stops (1895-1898)
6. This person made the first solo circumnavigation by aeroplane (1933)
7. First person to sail single handedly around the world without stopping (1968/9)
8. With others, completed the first 'vertical circumnavigation' of the world, via the North and South Poles (1979-1982)
9. With Brian Jones, completed first non-stop world circumnavigation by balloon (1999)
10. Made the first circumnavigation by aeroplane without stopping or refuelling (2005)
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.