Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This man graduated from Purdue in 1928 with a degree in agronomy and an obsession to create a popcorn that pops up "lighter and fluffier". Who is he?
2. Which Professor of Philosophy (now emeritus) at Purdue became famous by having a muppet named after him?
3. This man graduated in 1955 with a BS in Aeronautical Engineering. After several years as a test pilot, he was selected for the astronaut program and became the first man to set foot on the moon. Can you name him?
4. This astronaut is famous for being the LAST man to set foot on the moon. He graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 1956. Do you know who he is?
5. This man, a 2001 graduate in Industrial Management and Manufacturing, led the Purdue football team to its first Rose Bowl appearance in over 25 years. Who is this quarterback?
6. This football Hall-of-Famer was a two-time All-American while at Purdue in the 1960's, and went on to a very successful football career with the Miami Dolphins, including 2 Super Bowl wins. Who is he?
7. This world-famous aviatrix was on the staff at Purdue in the Department for the Study of Careers for Women beginning in 1935, two years before her mysterious disappearence over the Pacific Ocean. Who is she?
8. This man, an Air Force test pilot, was one of the original seven Mercury astronauts selected by NASA. His death in a fire during Apollo 1 was one of the first fatalities of the US space program. Who was this man?
9. This Purdue grad is one of the founders of C-SPAN and has been the CEO of that company since 1979. Can you name him?
10. What is the name of this astronaut who holds the US record for most space walks (9) and longest total spacewalking time (58 hours, 18 min)?
Source: Author djsgal
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.