Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which philosopher of ancient times said, "The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things"?
2. Which ancient philosopher said, "Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not"?
3. The proverb, "The believer is happy, the doubter is wise", is attributed to the peoples of which European country?
4. Which European philosopher is credited with saying, "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong"?
5. Which psychiatrist was quoted as saying, "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves"?
6. Which ancient philosopher is quoted as having said, "When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves"?
7. Which southern European peoples are credited with the proverb, "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in"?
8. Which famous ancient philosopher was quoted as saying, "The good of the people is the highest law"?
9. Which Asian peoples are credited with the proverb, "The man who does not learn is dark, like one walking in the night"?
10. Which ancient philosopher was quoted as having said, "To prefer evil to good is not in human nature; and when a man is compelled to choose one of two evils, no one will choose the greater when he may have the less"?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Lanni
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.