Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was the first French Queen Consort ever listed. My father was a Count named Odo. I was married to King Charles II of France and we had 9 children together. But we separated after Charles executed my rebellious brother, William. Through my firstborn child, Judith, I am an ancestor of the Counts of Flanders and the monarchs of England. Who am I?
2. My father was a Count named Adalard. My great-grandmother, Alpais, was the illegitimate daughter of King Louis I of France by one of his mistresses. When I married my husband, King Louis II of France, he was already been secretly married to another woman and had two sons by her. Louis and I had one son and one daughter. Who am I?
3. My father was a Count named Erchanger. When I was 22, I married King Charles III of France. Nineteen years later, I was crowned along with him as Holy Roman Empress by the Pope. Unfortunately, our marriage was childless. After my death I became the first Queen of France to be venerated as a Saint. Who am I?
4. I was Queen of France for 10 years. My husband was Odo, Count of Paris. We had two sons together, but neither of them lived to become king. Who am I?
5. My father was a Count named Dietrich. My brother was Beuve II, Bishop of Chalons-sur-Marne. I married King Charles III of France but because I bore him only six daughters and no son, he repudiated me and took another wife. Who am I?
6. I was the daughter of a king. My husband was King Charles III of France by whom I had two sons. One of my sisters became Holy Roman Empress. Who am I?
7. My father was a Count named Herbert. My brother's name was also Herbert. I was a descendant of Charlemagne. I married King Robert I of France and through our only child, Hugh the Great, we are ancestors of the Capetian dynasty that later ruled France for centuries. Who am I?
8. I was the first daughter of a king of France to marry another King of France. My husband was Rudolph of Burgundy. In addition, i was the first queen consort of France who is known to have been crowned. I had one child, named Louis, who died young. Who am I?
9. I was the daughter of a king. One of my brothers reigned as Holy Roman Emperor. My elder sister was mother to a King of France. King Louis IV of France was my second husband and together we had eight children. Who am I?
10. I was the daughter of a king. My father was poisoned. After that, my mother married a Holy Roman Emperor and she was venerated after her death as a saint. I married King Lothair of France and bore him two sons. Who am I?
Source: Author Princessina
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.