Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Elizabeth I was born on 7th September 1533 in which English palace?
2. Elizabeth, her half-brother Edward, and this person often had lessons together when they were younger.
3. After her father's death, Elizabeth was invited to stay with her stepmother, Catherine Parr, and her new husband, Thomas Seymour. In which palace did they stay?
4. Elizabeth was held prisoner in the Tower of London after a failed rebellion against Mary I, her sister. In which section of the Tower was she kept?
5. After she was released from the Tower, Elizabeth was taken to Woodstock accompanied by this man. Name him.
6. Which of the following men did not ask for Elizabeth's hand in marriage?
7. It was said that Elizabeth I was in love with Robert Dudley. When his wife died in suspicious circumstances, Elizabeth was blamed. What was the name of Dudley's wife?
8. This Councillor of Elizabeth's was the one who effectively brought Mary, Queen of Scots to the block. Name him.
9. Elizabeth refused the sovereignity of the Netherlands in which year (this is the first time)?
10. Sir Walter Raleigh laid his cloak in the mud for Elizabeth to walk over.
Source: Author meals
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.