Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The patriarch Jacob had twelve sons by four women; Dinah was his only daughter, or at least the only one mentioned in the Bible. Which of these women was her mother?
2. As Jacob's family grew, he came to want lands of his own. He was afraid of returning home to face his jealous brother Esau, and years of bad blood had made him eager to leave his father-in-law Laban. He decided to settle outside the city of Shechem, where he bought land for his camp and altar. Where was Shechem?
3. In Genesis 34, Dinah - by now a maiden old enough to wed - met Shechem, son of the king Hamor and prince of the lands where her family lived. When they met, she was away from her family's camp; how did she come to be so far from home?
4. When Shechem, prince of the land, saw Dinah, "he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her" (Genesis 34:2). Afterward, Shechem made a request of his father. What was it?
5. When Shechem and his father Hamor came to Jacob's camp to convey his son's request, was Jacob the only Israelite to speak with them?
6. Shechem and Hamor were pleased when their request was granted - but there was a condition. What did Shechem and Hamor have to do if Jacob and his family were to agree to their terms?
7. Unbeknownst to Shechem and Hamor, the agreement with Jacob's family was a trick. On the third day after the agreement, two of Dinah's brothers stormed the city with their swords. Which of her brothers were they?
8. What befell the city of Shechem after it was attacked by Dinah's brothers?
9. When Jacob learned what his sons had done in Shechem, did he tell them he was pleased?
10. After the events at Shechem, Dinah disappears from view, and the Bible never directly states what finally happened to her. What Biblical line is sometimes taken as a clue to her fate?
Source: Author CellarDoor
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.