Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What strange weather phenomenon shares the name of an Emilio Estevez movie?
2. Woof! Sometimes when it's cold outside I can be seen on both sides of the sun. What am I?
3. What type of strange looking cloud is named after a female gland?
4. Having a funnel cloud and a spinning vortex, what oddity that forms over water closely resembles a tornado?
5. Sounding like a sign of the Zodiac, what happens when falling ice crystals evaporate before they hit the ground?
6. Nicknamed the "Maracaibo lighthouse", Catatumbo lightning happens so regularly that mariners use it as a navigational aid. In which country can it be found?
7. A "haboob" in the Middle East is more commonly known as what in the west?
8. Sometimes making a snowman is easier than making a snowball. What is it called when a snowball forms naturally?
9. Sprites, jets, and ELVES are associated with which form of lightning?
10. Frequently appearing around dawn or dusk, what name is given to visible rays of sunlight that appear to have seeped through the clouds?
Source: Author skydude13579
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.