Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This world-class facility in central Florida hosts stock car racing's "Super Bowl" event each February on its 2.5 mile oval, as well as a legendary 24 hour sports car race on its 3.56 mile infield road course. The facility is so large it includes an artificial lake in the infield, excavated to build the high banks of the oval turns.
2. Welcome to Thunder Valley! It takes only 15 seconds to whip around this short track found in the hills of Appalachia. Its dual pit lanes can be quite the treacherous entry and exit for drivers under green flag conditions.
3. Events at this track are considered "home games" on the NASCAR schedule as it is found in the same vicinity of the race shops for a majority of teams. Its "roval" course integrates a technical infield portion with all four speedway turns and both layouts feature on the NASCAR calendar.
4. The tricky triangle! The three corners of this wide 2.5 mile raceway were designed after other iconic American racetracks in the early days of motorsport. The name of the surrounding mountains might help you identify its name.
5. A track with right turns! This historic facility has hosted all forms of motorsport compeition, including Formula One for over 20 years. A NASCAR race at this facility includes the "bus stop" in the layout, but not "the boot".
6. Located in the hills of southern Virginia sits one of the most historic venues on the NASCAR calendar. This track measures in at just over half a mile and is the only venue that has been on every NASCAR season schedule. What is the name of the track known as "The Paperclip"?
7. Fans adore it. Drivers fear it. This racetrack is known for its unpredictability and the threat of the "Big One". Due to close racing and high speeds, accidents that take out 15 or more cars are not uncommon. Fans are known to camp out at the racetrack for a week in preparation of NASCAR's arrival.
8. This 4 mile facility in Wisconsin became the longest track on the NASCAR Cup circuit in 2021 when it was added to the top series' schedule. Some of the features on this iconic 14-turn track include "The Carousel", "The Kink", "Kettle Bottoms", and "Canada Corner".
9. This racetrack is iconic for its rectangular shape but in 2021 eschewed the traditional oval for a race on the infield road course layout. The bricks are not included in my drawing.
10. The egg-like shape of this racetrack is to avoid a minnow pond on the property. This track hosts the Southern 500 each year, a race created in the 1950s to rival the "northern" Indianapolis 500.
Source: Author George95
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.