Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This track is probably the most popular track on the circuit because it hosts the biggest race on the calendar. This 2.5 mile superspeedway hosts a 500 mile race every February, referred to as "The Great American Race". What track is it?
2. This track which is 1.5 miles in length is the closest circuit to NASCAR's base in Charlotte, North Carolina. Every year it hosts the NASCAR All-Star Race and a 600 mile race, the only event to pass 500 miles. From 1999 to 2009, what American home improvement chain had naming rights to the track?
3. This was the shortest track in the 2011 NASCAR season, measuring in at .526 of a mile. It's also one of the oldest being built in 1947, and NASCAR racing there since 1948. What track is it?
4. This track located in Alabama was popular with NASCAR fans as the longest track on the circuit in 2011, and home to "The Big One", a crash involving many cars. What track is it?
5. NASCAR visited three short tracks in the 2011 season. All three are located in Virginia.
6. NASCAR's second tier series, the Nationwide Series did something historic in 2005. They raced outside of the United States. Where was this historic race?
7. What is different about Pocono Raceway than any other track on the NASCAR schedule in 2011?
8. This track in Sparta finally received a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in 2011 after hosting the Nationwide and Truck series for many years. What state is Sparta in?
9. Which of these 2011 tracks is the longest?
10. This one mile track is classified as only having 4 turns, but the back-stretch has a left hand turn halfway down. Fans enjoy camping and then watching the race from Monument Hill, located behind turn 3. Which track is this?
Source: Author George95
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.