Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Three golfers won three consecutive British Opens in the 1800s. Who was the only golfer to win three consecutive British Opens in the 20th Century?
2. Willie Anderson was the first golfer to win four US Opens (1901, 1903, 1904 and 1905). Who was the next golfer to win four US Opens?
3. Lee Trevino won six Majors. However there is one tournament that he did not win. Which Major did he miss?
4. Arnold Palmer is considered one of golf's greatest and most popular players. He was the first superstar of the 1950s and 1960s when golf entered our living rooms through the black and white TV revolution. He blazed the trail for professional golfers of the future. How many Majors did Arnie win?
5. "The Golden Bear" (Jack William Nicklaus) has won 18 Majors and won his last at the age of 46. Besides his 18 wins he was second on numerous occasions. How many times was he second in a Major?
6. The first major, the British Open was held in 1860. At which course was this first major held?
7. I never won a major but came second on four occasions. Unfortunately I am best known for one of them, the British Open. Leading in the final round I took 4 shots from 74 yards at the 18th hole and tied after the regulation four rounds. I lost the play-off the following day by one stroke. Who am I?
8. A number of Australians have won major titles. Who was the first Australian born golfer to win one of the four Majors?
9. There have been some great lefties who have played this beautiful game. Who was the first lefty to win a Major?
10. The four Majors are the most prestigious of golf tournaments played annual, bringing together the best golfers from around the world. The organisation of these tournaments is incredible. How many organisations run these four tournaments?
Source: Author zambesi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.