Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There are two test cricket grounds in London, Lord's and The Oval. Which two county cricket teams play their home games at these venues?
2. What is the name of London's rugby league team, which has participated in the Super League competition?
3. London has numerous professional soccer teams but, of the following four, which one was never champions of England?
4. Tennis in London is almost synonymous with Wimbledon, but which other club in the city hosts a major ATP tour event prior to the championships every June (coronavirus excepted)?
5. If you travelled to the outskirts of London to either Crayford or Romford, which of these sports would you be most likely to see taking place?
6. London hosted the Summer Olympics in 1908, 1948 and 2012. Wembley and the Olympic Stadium (Stratford) hosted the opening ceremonies and athletics in the latter two years, but where did these events take place in 1908?
7. The London Marathon first took place in 1981. The race begins in Blackheath, south of the Thames, and ends in which famous street in central London?
8. London has a number of professional rugby union clubs playing at the top level of the game. Which one plays home games at The Stoop, a ground located right across the road from Twickenham Stadium, home of the England national side?
9. The University Boat Race, between Cambridge and Oxford, has taken place annually on the Thames most years since 1829. The race ends at Mortlake and begins at which bridge over the Thames?
10. Which stadium has been the home of athletics in London since the 1960s?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.