Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Every year, for as long as three weeks, the Hanshin Tigers of Osaka have to go on a long road trip called the 'Road of Death', and it always hurts the team. They have to do this because ...
2. The St. Louis Cardinals were famous for their huge minor-league chain which contracted hundreds of players. How many minor-league affiliates does the average Japanese team have?
3. The single-season home run record in the Japanese majors is 55, held by former Giant Sadaharu Oh. But in 1985, this Hanshin Tiger first baseman had 54 going into the last game of the season, which happened to be against the Giants. Giants pitchers intentionally walked this man four times, taking away any chance to get the record. Who is he?
4. Many Japanese teams bear the names of the companies that own them. For example, the Seibu Lions are owned by a real-estate mogul. Which of the following, owner - industry association, is NOT true?
5. In April, 1974, Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run, breaking Babe Ruth's career record. Then later, Sadaharu Oh of the Yomiuri Giants set the 'world' record with his 756th homer. (He went on to hit 868.) The question is ... which player participated in both games?
Source: Author Nayuta
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.