Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I awoke and found myself looking up a large statue of an elongated head known as a Moai. The crash of ocean waves could be heard nearby and there were no trees to be seen anywhere. What unknown destination had I traveled to?
2. I next awoke to find myself eating some baklava and sipping some strong coffee prepared in a copper cezve. I looked around and stared in amazement at a beautiful building known as the Hagia Sophia. To which of the following cities had I traveled?
3. When I awoke, I found myself in a dark cave with beautiful paintings of wild animals on the walls. I recognized some of the images from a European travelogue I had browsed through the week before. Where had I traveled now?
4. I open my sleepy eyes and find that I am viewing the prehistoric hill figure known as the Uffington White Horse. The damp weather and beautiful green hills remind me that I have arrived in which of the following countries?
5. I awaken to find myself sitting on a bench with the thick smell of tar in the air. A large sign welcomes me to the La Brea Tar Pits. To which of the following U.S. cities have I traveled now?
6. I awaken to find myself inside a small tent at the base of a location known as the "Savage Mountain". My Sherpa guide explains that this behemoth is extremely hard to climb and has one of the highest fatality rates among those who do attempt to climb it. What is the alternate name for this majestic mountain which is sometimes called Mount Godwin-Austin?
7. I awaken to find myself in the backseat of a car that seems to be rolling uphill against gravity! My driver tells me to relax, as it is only an optical illusion. I see a sign saying that the city of Orroroo is 3km. ahead, and that we are on Magnetic Hill. Where have I ended up?
8. My drowsy eyes awaken to a crystalline view of a beautiful glacial lake complete with a chateau and mountainous backdrop. I spot a sign that tells me I have arrived at Banff National Park, and that the pristine water before me is known as Lake Louise. To which Canadian province have I traveled?
9. I find myself outside the magnificent Fasilides palace. I think that I must be visiting the country of Scotland. Am I correct?
10. I awaken to find myself peering over at the majestic Iguazu Waterfall. I am confused because the weather is so warm, and I thought these waterfalls were in Iceland. Was I wrong?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.