Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Does the word "water" refer to H2O in both languages?
2. Does Dutch 'reis' taste like English 'rice'?
3. Would you call the walls of a house 'wallen' in Dutch (the plural of 'wal')?
4. Is a Dutch 'knie' a leg joint?
5. What is the Dutch word for grass?
6. What do you call a staircase in Dutch?
7. Does 'zeven' equal seven?
8. Would you call a happy person 'glad' in Dutch?
9. How do you translate 'life' into Dutch?
10. Which of the following Dutch words refers to a light alchoholic beverage?
Source: Author Woordenboer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.