Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This person was one of the most impressive winners in the 2009 elections. He hails from a politically very famous family and has in fact won an election before from the same constituency. Who among the following has won the Amethi seat for the Congress in 2009?
2. This man has been a chief minister of his state and a former Union minister. One of the most vocal leaders in Indian politics, he was expected to lead his party to a big win and was expected to play a crucial role in the formation of the government. However, he surprisingly lost his election from the Pataliputra constituency in Bihar. Who?
3. Another former chief minister whose son is also a chief minister of the state, this man contested the 2009 elections against his own sister and won the Srinagar seat. Who?
4. This man has been a former Prime Minister of India and both he and his son have been the chief ministers of their state. He won in 2009 from the Hassan constituency of Karnataka state. Which astute politician am I talking about?
5. This man is one of the biggest and most surprising losers in the 2009 elections. He had once won the same Hajipur seat in Bihar with a world record margin and was confidently expected to enter the parliament yet again. Which politician am I talking about?
6. This man has been a former captain of the Indian cricket team and was making his political debut in 2009. Which among the following was a surprise winner from the Moradabad constituency of Uttar Pradesh, although he hails from the Andhra Pradesh state?
7. This firebrand lady is one of the most vocal leaders from Andhra Pradesh and has served as a Union minister before. She had twice won from the Khammam seat and was widely expected to make it a hat-trick of wins in 2009. However she failed to pull it off, despite a very strong showing in the rest of the state by her party. Who?
8. This former athlete had won gold medals in the Asian Games and had also won the most prestigious award in Indian sports, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna. After retiring from sports, she won elections to the parliament from West Bengal in 2004 and was expected to win in 2009 too from the Krishnanagar seat as her party the CPI (M) had a very strong hold there. However she lost rather tamely. Which athlete am I talking about?
9. This former actor had starred in many super hit Hindi movies of the 1980s. He twice won elections on the BJP ticket from Gurdaspur in Punjab, despite being an "outsider" to the state and had also served as a union minister. He however failed to make it a hat-trick in 2009, losing by a very narrow margin. Which hero am I talking about?
10. This former actress hails from Andhra Pradesh and has starred in many in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi films in the 1970s and 1980s. She made her entry to the upper house of the Indian parliament as a Telugu Desam member but broke away from the party and joined the Samajwadi Party, on whose ticket she won from Rampur in Uttar Pradesh in 2004. After a bitter campaign in 2009 involving her own party leaders, she managed to retain her seat. Which actress is this?
Source: Author srini701
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.