Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As a student of Natural Sciences, Nehru had to study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. He was very weak in Mathematics and as such was permitted on request to study another science subject in lieu of Mathematics. Which subject did he opt for instead?
2. It is a more or less known fact that Mahatma Gandhi used the concept of a 'Non-Violence movement' for attaining the independence of India. He was nominated five times for the Nobel Peace Prize, but failed to win. A less known fact is that Nehru was also nominated for the same award. How many times was Nehru nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?
3. India won freedom on the 15th August 1947. Who hoisted the National flag of independent India at the Red Fort (Lal Killa) in Delhi for the first time?
4. In India, 14th November, the date of birth of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, is celebrated as the 'Children's Day'. On which date is 'Children's day' celebrated internationally?
5. Jawaharlal Nehru penned two important books. The first one is 'The Discovery of India'. Can you name the second?
6. Jawaharlal Nehru used to refer to one of his Kashmiri friends as his 'Blood-brother'. Can you name the correct personality?
7. Shyam Benegal, the popular Indian filmmaker created a very fine TV serial named 'Bharat Ek Khoj' in 1988. The serial was based on a memorable book written by Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru. What was the name of that book?
8. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of Independent India. Two other members of his family occupied the same position historically. Who was the first of these to hold the post?
9. Which of the following personalities was not a contemporary of Pandit Nehru?
10. Nehru died of a heart attack on 27th May 1964. The gun carriage used for his state funeral was later used for the state funeral of another international personality who glorified India by her missionary zeal. Can you identify the name of that personality?
11. If you have seen a photograph of Jawaharlal Nehru, then you might have noticed a special object worn at the chest button-hole of his coat. What is that thing?
12. While a student at Harrow School in England, Nehru was given a nickname. What was that nickname?
13. Nehru penned an autobiography which was published in the USA in 1936. What was its title?
14. At the age of 26 Nehru married a girl of 16, on the 7th of February 1916. What was the name of his wife?
15. When Nehru became the Prime Minister of independent India, he delivered an inaugural address to the Nation which has been given a special name. What is that name?
Source: Author indranil49
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.