Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what year was Phil Taylor born?
2. Before darts, how did Phil Taylor earn his living?
3. Phil Taylor was born in the same UK city as pop star Robbie Williams, and both men supported their local football team. What is the name of this team?
4. Who did Taylor beat to win his first World Championship in 1990?
5. In 1991 World Championships, Taylor lost in the quarterfinal to which player?
6. Taylor was nominated for a MBE in the 2001 New Year's honours list, but it was later retracted and annulled. Why did this happen?
7. During the World matchplay in 2002, Taylor threw his first nine-darter. Who was his opponent?
8. In 2010 at the UK Open in Bolton, Taylor threw a record average score for a televised match. What was his match average score?
9. Taylor was nominated for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award in 2006, and again in 2010. Which of the following statements about his success in these nominations is correct?
10. In 2009, what long running British soap opera did Phil Taylor appear in?
Source: Author gigantosaurus
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.