Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Switzerland's flag most resembles the color inverse of what country's or organization's flag or symbol?
2. Switzerland is made up of 26 cantons (subdivisions of a country much like the states of the U.S.A.). Which of original three cantons' coat of arms served as the basis for what would become the national flag of Switzerland?
3. Although the official shape of the flag is square as exhibited by United Nations headquarters, which Swiss flags are required to adopt a rectangular Swiss flag?
4. Hey, who else made a rule that the flag representing Switzerland must be waved in the rectangular shape and not the square?
5. After which war did the Swiss flag emblem officially and by constitutional ruling become what we know it as and see it as today?
6. There is a sport in Switzerland called Fahnenschwingen, that involves what aspect of the Swiss flag?
7. What is Marie-Theres Nadig's significant relation to the Swiss flag?
8. On Swiss National Day, the National flag of Switzerland is flown all over the country. When is Swiss National Day?
9. And speaking of gigantic plus-sized Swiss flags, on March 25, 2020, Swiss artist Gerry Hofstetter projected a giant image of the Swiss flag onto what?
10. The sitcom characters Amy Fowler and Sheldon Cooper often video themselves as hosts of a vlog "Fun With Flags" talking about their passion for flags. The screenwriters do make a mistake however in the dialogue, having the characters refer to the square Swiss flag as one of only two non-rectangular flags. On what TV show did this occur?
Source: Author Billkozy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.