Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her bus seat to a white passenger. In which southern U.S. city did this injustice occur?
2. Gary Cooper's portrayal of this American hero from World War I earned him his first Oscar for Best Actor. Do you recall the name of this 1941 film?
3. In this classic children's book by Dr. Seuss, who poses this question, "Do you like green eggs and ham?"
4. "Newhart" was a very funny sitcom that ran on CBS from 1982 until 1990. On the show there was a rather strange fellow who had a brother named Darryl and another brother named Darryl. Do you remember this character's name?
5. This professional tennis player captured her 23rd Grand Slam singles title with her victory at the 2017 Australian Open. Could you please give me her name?
6. Which word is missing in this verse from the Steve Miller Band's classic tune "The Joker"?
"Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me ________
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love"
7. What do American playwright Miller, a 1981 comedy film starring Dudley Moore, and one of the stars from the television series "The Golden Girls" have in common?
8. Which singer/songwriter took home the 2000 Grammy for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance with his cover version of The Guess Who's "American Woman"?
9. What famous star sapphire, which currently resides at the Smithsonian Institute, was once owned by silent film star Mary Pickford? If you're a gin drinker you might have an advantage here.
10. What long-running sitcom do the above answers bring to mind?
Source: Author bruins1956
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.