Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Nicaragua lies in Central America and has land borders with two countries. Nicaragua's northern neighbour is Honduras. Which country borders Nicaragua to the south?
2. Nicaragua has a sea shore on the east and west of the country. The Pacific Ocean is to the west. Which sea is to the east?
3. Apart from having a coastline on either side, Nicaragua boasts the largest lake in Central America. What is the name of this lake?
4. What is the name of the river that flows from Nicaragua's largest lake and flows east to the Caribbean? (Puerto Rico should know.)
5. Central Nicaragua is covered by mountains, five of which are over 1,000 meters high. What is the name of the highest peak that stands at 2,107 meters?
6. In December 1972, a massive earthquake destroyed which Nicaraguan city?
7. What is the name of the gulf that borders Nicaragua and Honduras?
8. By what name is the eastern coast of Nicaragua and Honduras known by?
9. In Nicaragua, what is the colourful yet sad name of a city that lies at the mouth of the river Escondido and the Caribbean?
10. About 70 kilometers from the East coast of Nicaragua, one can visit two islands. What is the name of these islands, the same as the name of a grain native to the Americas?
Source: Author gme24
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.