Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I've just awoken and the electric teasmade has brewed a nice bedside cuppa for me. My fingers dip into a half open tubular packet and I pull out a plain round sweetmeal biscuit which I promptly dunk, quite contrary to good etiquette, into my cup of steaming tea. I am starting my day with a biscuit that is universally accepted as THE biscuit to enjoy with a nice cup of tea. Which biscuit am I enjoying?
2. I head into the office and prepare myself for the days chores with another fine cup of tea and another biscuit. This time my sweet tooth prevails and I select a small biscuit made of two shortbread biscuits sandwiching a layer of raspberry flavoured plum jam. The jam is visible to me through a heart shaped hole in the centre of the upper biscuit. What biscuit do I eat?
3. Mid-morning break arrives and I retire to the office canteen to enjoy a nice cup of tea and another biscuit. This time it's a McVitie's chocolate digestive. What quaint term do the English use for this mid-morning tea break?
4. At lunchtime I take my packed lunch to the office restaurant and take the foul taste of vending machine tea away with one of my favourite treats, a "Jaffa Cake". But is it a biscuit?
5. Afternoon break arrives and I down tools. I bring a cup of tea to my desk and open my "stash draw" and select a favourite biscuit. It is constructed of two rectangular dark chocolate biscuits sandwiching chocolate fondant. The outer biscuits have 10 neatly aligned pin holes in them and a light dusting of sugar. What biscuit am I about to munch?
6. Driving home from the office I rummage in the glove compartment and to my delight I pluck from some packaging a delicacy constructed of two broad, almost yellow, biscuits sandwiching a vanilla cream fondant and which bears a baroque style of pattern on each surface. What treasure have I found?
7. Arriving home I beat off the pet poodle, admire the toddler's artwork on my newly painted hallway wall and settle down with the wife for a fine cup of rosie lee and a special biscuit. This one is semi-sweet with raisins set between the two doughy biscuit layers and finished with a shiny non-sticky glaze. What is my treat?
8. Dinner over, I break from viewing yet another airing of "Carry On Camping" on T.V. to make the wife and me a nice cup of char. I bring her a small plate containing what I hope will be enticing biscuits. These medium-sized dark brown biscuits are superb for dunking and are made from, amongst other things, a well-known spice and molasses. The mottled surface of this single disc biscuit augments the crisp and crunchy experience of biting into it (unless of course it has been over-dunked"!). What is this biscuit?
9. Just like Jack Horner in the nursery rhyme with his Christmas Pie, I stick my hand into the biscuit barrel to randomly select a biscuit as a final treat of the day before bedtime. My face drops as I pull out a pink rectangular block of what to me tastes like cardboard, covered in a sticky glaze. What un-appetising biscuit have I had the misfortune to have drawn out?
10. My day over I lay my head on the pillow and the vision I have before slumber is the biscuit lying beside my teasmade ready for my morning munchies. This time it is circular and wrapped in a square of foil bearing its name. This "noble" biscuit comes in two flavours the colour of the foil represents the flavour. One of these flavours is orange but I have selected the other colour for my morning snack. What biscuit have I selected?
Source: Author Simon_Templar
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.