Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What Pennsylvania Dutch breakfast treat uses the left over meat from pork?
2. What fabulous dessert is made from a fruit that was brought to Florida by the Spanish and the Portuguese?
3. In the year of 1905 - What New York staple was made possible by Gennaro Lombardi in Little Italy, Manhattan?
4. "I'd like to buy the world a home, and furnish it with love - grow apple trees and honeybees and snow white turtle doves. I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..." This advertising ditty, from the 70's, tells of a popular drink from our East Coast state of Georgia that goes well with your southern fried catfish and hush puppies. What beverage are we thinking of?
5. Throughout our Southern States, this favorite food is the breakfast "must have". What popular dish are we referring to?
6. Which New Jersey boardwalk staple was invented in Atlantic City by accident after a flood swept through David Bradley's store?
7. Massachusetts is the 2nd largest U.S. producer of this Thanksgiving staple. Grown on vines and small bushes historically in wetlands, what berry is the correct answer?
8. What is the difference between a traditional pizza and a New Jersey tomato pie?
9. In the 1960s, Teressa Bellissimo of Buffalo, New York, changed the world as we knew it with her deep fried chicken wings in Frank's Hot Sauce and a little butter. What is the name of the bar she was the owner of?
10. A most confusing term for most Northerners is a Southern favorite - Chicken fried steak. Is this dinner made out of pounded chicken breast?
Source: Author asawdust
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.