Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the 2008 movie "Quarantine", the inhabitants of an apartment complex are quarantined inside, by the CDC, with the infected. Rade Serbedzija played the building manager of the apartment complex plagued by the infection. What was his character's first name?
2. Another zombie-themed movie released in 2008 is "Pontypool". "Pontypool" offered us yet another take on a "zombie outbreak". This time the "infection" is being spread through the English language. The film was shot on location in Canada. Which Canadian province is the site of the outbreak?
3. In 2002, the hugely popular video game series "Resident Evil" was made into a feature film of the same name. In both the movies and games, an experimental virus gets released from a secret lab and kills the living then raises them as the walking dead. Which "evil" corporation is responsible for the deadly outbreak?
4. In a slightly different take on the zombie apocalypse, "28 Days Later" portrays a virus outbreak in England turning normal people into "raging" monsters. The movie "28 Days Later" was directed by whom? (Last name only)
5. In the horror/comedy "Zombieland", the world is overrun by the walking dead, but unlike most zombie movies, it is shown with a humorous view. The main characters have all adopted the names of the cities from which they came, rather than using their real names, for fear of forming attachments to other people. In a zombie apocalypse, your friend can be there one minute and gone the next. One character, played by Abigail Breslin, was named after the capital of which U.S. state?
6. In the 2010 film "The Crazies", we are once again witness to a strange occurrence turning everyday people into mindless "crazies". Timothy Olyphant plays David, the sheriff of this plagued small town. What is the name of David's deputy, who later ends up in his small group of survivors?
7. The zombie apocalypse that started in "Night of The Living Dead" continues in George A. Romero's third installment, "Day of The Dead". In this film, scientists in an underground military base are trying to find a cure but one of them, Dr. Matthew Logan, has his own idea to "domesticate" the zombies. What is the name of Dr. Logan's star zombie pupil?
8. This 1985 zombie/comedy, set in Louisville, Kentucky, has a newly hired teenage assistant accidentally releasing a mysterious gas from a government metal drum being stored in a medical supply warehouse. The strange gas seems to bring the dead back to life and as it does, chaos ensues. Which movie I am describing here?
9. The deadly virus in the "Resident Evil" movies is killing people and bringing them back from the dead as flesh-hungry zombies, but in rare instances it is causing a mutation in the host. The heroine of these films is one of those people, who has seemed to gain superhuman physical, mental and regenerative abilities. The question at hand is, what is the name of this character?
10. Well, if you've gotten all the answers right to the first nine questions then you should be able to figure out the solution to this one. Finish this quote. Johnny: "They're coming to get ______."
Source: Author nycdmc70
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.