Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Buster parks the buggy outside the general store and treats us to a gag we also see in "The Bell Boy" (1918). What does he do?
2. Fatty serves as postmaster. We first see him laden with mail, heading out to make his deliveries. Who does he take with him?
3. Fatty has a unique way of delivering the mail: He just tosses the letters from the buggy as he drives by, and they miraculously fly right through the letter slots on the mailboxes. But one huge envelope gives him trouble when it won't go in. How does Fatty deal with this problem?
4. After delivering the large envelope, Fatty spots some flowers, which he picks for his girl. But they never get to her, because Fatty uses them for an on-the-spot funeral. What does he bury in the grave he bedecks with the flowers?
5. Fatty stops to visit his girl, Fanny, played by Molly Malone. What game do they play?
6. Fatty's game with his girl gets interrupted by the arrival of the constable, who is Fatty's love rival. Fatty returns to the store/post office, where he starts sorting a huge bag of mail. One piece of mail in particular deserves special mention. What is it?
7. While Fatty is busy drilling holes in the cheese, the constable sneaks in and steals something from the interesting piece of mail. Who witnesses the theft?
8. Fanny comes to visit Fatty. When she sees a lady customer showing off a huge engagement ring, Fanny sadly shows Fatty her ringless fingers and asks if he'd buy her such a ring if he could afford it. Fatty can't afford the real thing, but he does order a ring for Fanny out of a catalog. What does he enclose in the envelope to ensure that the ring will be the right size?
9. In the evening the store is turned into a dance hall. Fatty and Buster arrive, dressed up for the dance, only to get knocked over when the constable throws his dance partner at them. After some acrobatic dancing by Buster, Fatty, and the unnamed woman, it's time for entertainment. What does Buster do?
10. The constable does his dance routine, then it's time for Fatty to sing. His performance is going over so well that the constable can't bear it. He leaps up and falsely accuses Fatty of stealing. Why do all of Fatty's friends turn their backs on him?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.