Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 1970 was the year in which four students were killed at Kent State University in Ohio, and Jimi Hendrix died of a drug overdose. Can you tell me which of the songs below was heard on radios that year?
2. In 1981 John Hinckley tried to assasinate President Reagan, and Olivia Newton-John had the year's top song, "Physical". Which of the following songs could also be heard that year?
3. The year was 1983. Michael Jackson was a chart fixture with his 'Thriller' album and 'Flashdance' hit the movie screens. One of the songs listed below came out that year. Which one was it?
4. In 1985 Live Aid helped raise money for famine-stricken Africa and 'The Breakfast Club' was a smash at the box office. Which of the songs below could be heard on radios that year?
5. 1980 was the year Mount St. Helens erupted in Washington and former Beatle John Lennon was gunned down in front of his apartment building. Which of the following songs charted that year?
6. In 1977 Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll, was found dead in his bathroom, and Fleetwood Mac's album 'Rumours' was selling by the millions. Which of the songs listed below was a hit that year?
7. The year was 1984. Prince was starring in his own movie, 'Purple Rain', Madonna was making waves on the music scene, and one of the songs below was climbing its way up the charts. Which song was it?
8. 1974 was the year President Nixon resigned and streaking was all the rage. Which of the following songs was played on radios that year?
9. The year was 1976. America was celebrating its 200th birthday and disco music was becoming more popular. Which of the following songs would have been heard at that time?
10. In 1972 the Watergate scandal came into the light and Sammy Davis, Jr. had a hit song about a "Candy Man". Which of the songs listed below was also heard on radios that year?
Source: Author lyricqueen
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.