Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The classic Harry Chapin song "Cat's in the Cradle" begins with this verse:
"My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay"
What is the next line?
2. Fill in the next line of this chorus sung by Frankie Laine in 1952:
"Oh, to be torn 'twixt love and duty.
S'posin' I lose my fair-haired beauty.
Look at that big hand move along"
3. Please fill in the next line of this song recorded by Janis Joplin in 1971:
"Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' for a train,
And I's feelin' near as faded as my jeans,
Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained"
4. The sadly prophetic "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce started with this verse:
"If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away"
What is the finish of this verse?
5. Which flamboyantly dressed country star sang the selection having these lyrics in the chorus:
"I'm wond'ring where you are tonight,
I'm wond'ring if you are all right,
I wonder if you think of me
In my misery"
6. Tell me the line that comes next in this song by the "King":
"Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you"
7. You're So Vain", one of Carly Simon's biggest hits, begins with this:
"You walked into the party
Like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror"
How does this verse continue?
8. What Rhodes Scholar sang the song with these lyrics on a 1973 album:
"Why me, Lord?
What have I ever done
To deserve even one
Of the pleasures I've known"
9. I know everyone will know the next line to this song by the leader of the Parrotheads. Please tell it to me:
"Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watchin' the sun bake"
10. What was the name of the female pop and jazz singer who sang these lines:
"The wheel of fortune,
Goes spinning around
Will the arrow point my way?
Will this be my day?"
11. What are the next words to this old Hank Snow mega-hit?
"That big eight-wheeler rollin' down the track
Means your true lovin' Daddy ain't comin' back
'Cuz I'm movin' on, I'll soon be gone,
You were flying too high for my little old sky"
12. "There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me."
So begins a Grammy Award-winning song from 1995 by whom?
13. Please complete the phrase sung by the lovely Karen Carpenter:
"Such a feelin's comin' over me,
There is wonder in most everything I see
Not a cloud in the sky
Got the sun in my eyes"
14. Who sang this song, with the mariachi-style horn arrangement?
"Love is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire"
15. Please pick which one is the correct next line of this song that was so well, and so often, done by Kate Smith:
"God bless America
Land that I love"
Stand beside her
And guide her"
Source: Author habitsowner
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ertrum
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.