Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is Charles Babbage (1791-1871) credited with inventing?
2. The next person on the list was Britain's last Liberal Prime Minister in the twentieth century. Who was he?
3. Edward Jenner (1749-1823) was credited with inventing a safe and effective vaccination against which disease?
4. Enough people thought that singer Robbie Williams was a great enough Briton to appear on the list. Oh well, each to their own. Robbie was a member of which boy band from 1990-1995?
5. I won't ask you to name the next person as he is the Unknown Warrior. Where in England would one find his tomb?
6. Despite being Irish, this one time member of the Boomtown Rats appears on the list. I suspect this is because of his humanitarian activities rather than for his musical contribution. He was once married to Paula Yates. Who is he?
7. Which Scottish leader is said to have been inspired by a spider's repeated attempts to spin a web?
8. Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) was known as "The wickedest man in the world". What were his given names?
9. Which King was victorious at the Battle of Agincourt?
10. What organisation was founded by William Booth in 1865?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.